The Library Discovery Service helps people navigate their research journeys to find and get resources from the DMU library and libraries worldwide. WMS offers an intuitive search experience to easily connect to all library resources.
- Simultaneous search across all formats and collections instead of consulting multiple services and interfaces.
- Expanded open access capabilities - connect more easily to freely available scholarly resources.
- Optimized user interface that adapts automatically to mobile devices
- Easier access to thousands of ebooks
- Looking for peer-reviewed journal articles? You can easily limit your search
- Streamlined access course reserves - the textbooks you need for your courses.
- Save searches and create personal resource lists
You should use DMU Discovery
1. When you are looking for specific books, journals, course textbooks, anatomical models, and other digital and physical learning resources.
2. As a starting point in your research. Since Discovery searches multiple databases at the same time, it's a good place to get a broad overview of the subject matter you're interested in. This can be handy when you need to find background information on a subject or you are looking for information on a research topic and you want to get an idea of the different kinds of information available on that topic. It's also a good resource to use when you'd like to search for books/ebooks and articles at the same time
There are a few specialized databases that should be searched separately, outside DMU Discovery. The content in these databases is only accessible through their proprietary platforms.
Some specialized databases include:
- Exam Master