Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Des Moines University Librarylibrary@dmu.edu515-271-1537
About the Library
Facts about the Library
The DMU Library has been selected as one of two Resource Libraries by the National Library of Medicine in the state of Iowa.
Resource Libraries are designated institutions within the Greater Midwest Region whose quality and size of collections or uniqueness of materials add significantly to the region's resources. These libraries play a primary role in regional resource sharing and serve as backup reference resources for smaller libraries in their respective states.
Physical space and collections:
- 35,008 square feet of physical space
- Library has print copies of reserve and board collections available at the circulation desk.
- Students have access to printers, copiers, and scanning equipment.
- Anatomical models ranging from foot and skulls to full skeleton models.
- Over 900 journal titles available online.
- Over 3200 medical print book collection and access to over 8,000 eBooks.
- Study areas, including 26 study and conference rooms with white boards.